Data Experience Designer
We bring challenging product ideas to reality. Expero builds software exclusively for domain-experts like scientists, traders, engineers, and other sophisticated users. We innovate to build products that other people say can’t be done and treasure the opportunity to work with people pushing the boundaries of their domain.
We’re seeking people who share our enthusiasm for tackling tough, complex problems to join our team. If you enjoy working on challenging ideas, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Data Experience Designer Role
Expero’s Data Experience Designers (DE Designer) are a hybrid of data visualization and user experience design. Our DE Designers apply a unique mix of technical and creative skills using data to tell stories and solve business problems. Because Expero specializes in complex data, our DE Designers must have deep mathematical and computer science expertise to prototype and program against large data sets in real time to generate a visualization. It is also the responsibility of the DE Designer to look at problems holistically. This requires a deep understanding of the questions that customers are looking to answer with the data and ability triangulate data, visuals and business value.
If you enjoy a challenge buckle up! We’re working on products in some of the most cutting edge fields of UX including machine learning, data science, data visualization, conversational UIs, large screen touch and of course mobile and responsive web apps. Our work brings opportunity to always discover something new building products across a multitude of industries including Biotech, Fintech, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Semiconductor, Cloud Computing, Transportation, Construction, Gaming and Government.
- Design user experiences from the ground up for new products or improve existing products
- Create consistent, scalable design systems based on design patterns and UI frameworks.
- Prototype design ideas in low and high fidelity
- Collaborate with User Researchers, Developers, Product Managers and other Designers
- Present designs and other UX-related topics to clients and stakeholders
- Incorporate feedback from user testing and stakeholders into designs
- Participate in Agile product development process as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Occasional travel
- Depth and experience in using Sketch, Figma, Invision, Axure or other tools for prototyping.
- Computer science or similar degree preferred
- Experience as part of an Agile team a plus
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- BS/MS In Human-Computer Interaction or Design-related field preferred. Any candidate with the right experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in English is required, and proficiency in a second language, especially Spanish, Japanese or Chinese is helpful.
- Residing in AUSTIN or HOUSTON a plus, candidates in other locations will also be considered.
- A team that will energize you or exhaust you, or both!
- Projects that keep senior UX gurus interested
- Health benefits
- Family leave
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Immense work flexibility as long as the work gets done and the clients are happy
As part of your submission, we'd like to see recent work examples. If you can’t share your work, no problem, some of our best projects can’t be shared either. We will provide a take home design exercise for you to complete.